Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving
In the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving today. According to tradition, this holiday began in 1621 when the Pilgrims and the indigenous people celebrated a particularly good harvest at Plymouth, Massachusetts, enjoying a shared feast outside. For various reasons, this holiday is now held on the fourth Thursday of November, long after the harvest has peaked in most of our country. In fact, in many places late November can be downright chilly. Not necessarily the best weather for an outdoor picnic.

But fortunately the heart of Thanksgiving lives on, which is to take time to be thankful for what we have whether in times of bounty or times of struggle. There is always something for which to be grateful, whether health, family, enduring friendships or the latest novel by your favorite romance author!

I am thankful for many things, including you, my fans and blog readers.  I am also thankful to have the opportunity to write, to let my creative spirit soar and to share my imagination with you.

I wish everyone around the world a beautiful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment